Forums » Splitting the Financial Costs of Raising a Child

How Much Is Reasonable From My Co-Parent?

• 3 posts
    January 18, 2013 4:30:55 PM EST
    Is the man in a co-parenting relationship usually expected to be the primary financing source? I am thinking that a 50/50 financial relationship is the right way to go - has anyone seen otherwise?
    • 2 posts
    February 14, 2013 5:33:37 PM EST
    It probably varies a lot based on the age and resources of the partners and the intended parenting style. If the parenting style you are hoping for from a "birth mother" parent partner is along the lines of Attachment Parenting, I could easily see some birth mothers needing significant financial support during the first 1 to 3 years.

I wouldn´t begin to respond as to what is the "right" way to go, as that really depends on each parent partner pair (or more) to consider.
    • 1 posts
    April 23, 2013 2:49:25 PM EDT
    50% is doable
    • 4 posts
    November 1, 2013 11:07:43 PM EDT
    I think in a marriage it is assumed that the man is the primary caregiver, which is traditional. In today's society things are changing you have many females who are the primary caregiver, With that said, this co-parenting is a decision that two strangers are coming together to agree on and so 50/50 is appropriate, I am sure as time goes by and if one is in a better place to provide more then they will do so. I think though the best way would be to sit down and try to figure out what it is gonna cost to raise this child and then you will be in a better position to see how to proceed.
  • Anonymous
    February 6, 2014 11:41:50 AM EST
    50/50 seems most reasonable
  • Anonymous
    February 20, 2014 5:30:22 PM EST
    Cada um deve dividir as despesas financeiras,e também quando um dos co pais estiverem em crise financeira o ou deve ajudá lo e vice versa.
  • May 7, 2014 11:01:29 PM EDT
    I think that if one parent takes on the primary care-taking duties, the other parent should take on a corresponding percentage of financial 'duties.' I can see a 50/50 situation only in cases akin to shared custody, I.e. where both parents are about equally involved in parenting. That being said, as somebody mentioned, this would also depend on the co-parents' individual financial capabilities, and what kind of arrangement feels fair to them.
  • June 1, 2015 10:48:14 AM EDT
    I think a 50/50 is fair considering that the child belongs to both parents
  • July 27, 2016 9:09:49 AM EDT
    50/50 seems most reasonable

http://yourbrides.com/my-blog/relationships-with-russian-woman/busting-myths-about-russian-women/
  • July 25, 2017 12:43:00 AM EDT
    I think a co-parenting is the best for kids as well as for parents also. Because co-parenting helps to realize the importance of each other to husband and wife. It makes their relationship stronger.
    • 3 posts
    December 7, 2020 2:42:55 AM EST
    I think that 50/50 is a normal